Finger Millet or Ragi is full of health benefits. Today I am sharing a quick and easy instant rage dosai recipe. Just handful of ingredients and thirty minutes of cooking time is all you need to make this tiffin for your family. Do watch the video too to make this simple and nutritious recipe.
Instant Ragi Dosai :
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Makes : 10 ragi dosai
1 cup = 250 ml cup
1 cup finger millet flour/ragi flour
1/4 cup rice flour
3-4 black pepper corns ( coarsely powdered, adjust quantity according to taste)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds/ jeera
2 cups water
1 sprig curry leaves ( roughly torn)
1/4 cup spring onion greens ( chopped )
Salt to taste
Oil to grease ( I used sesame oil)
- To a wide bowl , add ragi flour, rice flour, spices and salt.
- Add water little by little and make a thin batter.
- Add the curry leaves and spring onion greens and mix well.
- Place a lava over medium flame and grease with sesame oil.
- Once the lava is hot, pour a ladle fun of batter in circular motion.
- Spread oil on the sides.
- Once the dosai cooks on one side, flip and cook on the other side.
Chef tip: You can cover the dosai for a few seconds using a lid and then flip the dosai.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- Your delicious Rage dosai is now ready to be served with chutney, sambar or podi of your choice.
I served with a delicious radish greens chutney and healthy Gajar ka halwa/carrot halwa.
Radish Greens Chutney Recipe Video