Radish Greens is so good for health.
Next time when you buy radish, do not throw away the greens. Do you know that the radish greens has more fibre, vitamins and nutrients than the radish itself ? Yes, Radish greens is filled with so many anti oxidant properties and is also used as a medication for jaundice and rheumatism. Radish greens are edible, tasty and is not bitter at all. Do include radish greens in your everyday diet to enjoy all the health benefits. Today, I a sharing an easy, quick, protein rich and healthy radish greens chutney recipe that you can try at home. I have also shared the cleaning tips in my recipe video. Do watch and share it with your friends too.
1 cup radish greens ( cleaned)
1/3 cup peanuts
1 dry red chilli ( adjust)
Marble size tamarind
1/2-1 teaspoon jaggery
1-2 teaspoons oil
Salt to taste
To temper :
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
Pinch of asafoetida ( optional)
- Heat a pan with oil and dry red chilli and the peanuts.
- Add radish greens and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off and add the tamarind.
- Transfer it to the jar of a mixer, adjust water and grind it to a chutney consistency.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and add salt and jaggery ( if adding).
- Heat oil for tempering and temper with the ingredients given for the same.
Mix well and serve. Your delicious Radish Greens Chutney is now ready to be served!